Thread: 2015 Live Tour
View Single Post

Old 07-08-2015, 08:48 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
Because it's not a true statement. The "trio" didn't achieve anything. It took all five guys, not to mention the host of people in the background, to achieve that global recognition! They just as easily could have said, "Debuting in 1984...the band...", but it seems they felt the need to make a point. (Not, you understand, that anyone would dream of suggesting that PR might be used to "make a point" here or there, ahem...)

But WTH, Bon Jovi's PR has been revising history for probably 29-1/2 of their 30 years, anyway.

They might want to consider a new publicity photo, however, unless they want to continue to send mixed signals. (But then, maybe the "trio" is too busy recording while Huey's, idk, ... making coffee runs or something?)

All that aside, though, I get what you mean, and I totally agree. Makes me sad.
Well said. With all the personnel drama, there's zero reason to state how many band members there are. If it's just to hammer home that you shouldn't buy tickets and expect Richie there, there has to be a better way than phrasing to erase his accomplishments.