Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

2015 Live Tour

Tour Discussion

Old 06-19-2015, 01:23 AM
Suddenly

Does anyone think there will be a tour for the new album? Jon's brother posted there would be a tour in 2016. I would think they would do a tour to promote it and hopefully they will do some us shows. None are announced yet.

Old 06-19-2015, 02:12 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Yes. David said in a fairly recent interview that they were working on a band album and I'm not sure if he said it directly, but he basically said that "album/tour" was what they do implying that a tour would follow.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:38 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Looks like I'll be going for 3 shows so far, wouldn't mind a Bangkok date too.

IIRC Aerosmith pulled out of Jakarta because of safety concerns.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:58 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by united17 View Post
Looks like I'll be going for 3 shows so far, wouldn't mind a Bangkok date too.

IIRC Aerosmith pulled out of Jakarta because of safety concerns.
That was right.
But Metallica played in Jakarta with no problem.
Old 06-22-2015, 01:44 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Weren't there some safety issues the last time Bon Jovi played in Jakarta as well? I seem to remember Jon talking about it, but I don't remember the details.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:26 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Weren't there some safety issues the last time Bon Jovi played in Jakarta as well? I seem to remember Jon talking about it, but I don't remember the details.
Yes, there were. The Ancol Stadium had been sold out for some time and on the day the concert was about to happen there were riots from around 5,000 people who didn't get any more tickets. The same happened when Metallica played there in 1993.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:29 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Yes, there were. The Ancol Stadium had been sold out for some time and on the day the concert was about to happen there were riots from around 5,000 people who didn't get any more tickets. The same happened when Metallica played there in 1993.
Yup.
But Jakarta has changed for the better in terms of safety. Western acts (including Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Guns N Roses, Katy Perry and One Direction) have performed there without a hitch in the past few years.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:10 PM
Blaze of Posting

So what are everybody's hopes for this next tour? Since this run of shows will no doubt be followed by the albums release and a full tour next year.

For me besides hoping Richie returns (Do NOT see that happening anytime soon) and Jon's voice being in better shape hopefully Phil learns a few more rarities (I think he'll be coming back) and for whoever is at the soundboard to finally freaking learn that Jon's acoustic should NOT be the loudest thing in the mix!!!!! Last tour that was really annoying!!
Old 06-26-2015, 05:13 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
So what are everybody's hopes for this next tour? Since this run of shows will no doubt be followed by the albums release and a full tour next year.

For me besides hoping Richie returns (Do NOT see that happening anytime soon) and Jon's voice being in better shape hopefully Phil learns a few more rarities (I think he'll be coming back) and for whoever is at the soundboard to finally freaking learn that Jon's acoustic should NOT be the loudest thing in the mix!!!!! Last tour that was really annoying!!
I fully expect the 2015 tour to pick up where the 2013 tour left off. Except for stage design, which, as we discussed before, will be the standard outdoor stage.

Expecting rarities is definitely the most naive part of it all, considering these are shows in locations they've either never played before or haven't played in a long time. Shows like that get safe setlists even when they're on a proper tour, even when Jon's voice is in decent condition. None of which is the case here, obviously.

They probably won't start with Water and replace it with something like Raise Your Hands or Last Man Standing, but otherwise, I expect 90% vanilla BWC tour set with zero ballads. Maybe in one of the last shows Jon will go for Always, which would then remind us all why he doesn't do it on a regular basis.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:21 PM
Posting everyday

I expect these shows to have an overload on LH songs once again, probably even using LH as the opening tune.