Thread: 2024 World tour
View Single Post

Old 12-15-2023, 09:58 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie73 View Post
There's not a chance in Jons lifetime he would go for a co-headline tour, his ego is way to big for that. Plus the fact they don't need to as they will still sell out arenas and stadiums to at least 90% capacity on their own ..... The motley/ Lep tour in Europe especially in the UK was far from sold out. Look at Wembley stadium , not even 30,000 in attendance it was so embarrassing...As rough as jon may sound the tickets will still fly out of the door
I was talking about the US. The Leppard Motley tour was a huge success there. Jon will have noticed that.

I really don't think they have the power to sell out a big arena tour (in the US) or a big stadium tour (in the rest of the world) on their own at the moment. Their last album did nothing and news is out there - everyone knows that Jon's voice is shot following the last tour. And even in the last UK stadium there were half price tickets and 241 offers.

Jon knows that and he will be looking at options. I think marketing it as the big 40th anniversary tour is probably the way he will go. A residency would definitely make sense too. But I wouldn't rule out a joint headliner. If Jon wants to keep playing in the big venues then he will have to make some compromises somewhere along the line.