Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Austin Texas

Tour Discussion

Old 05-01-2016, 11:47 PM
Something for the Posts

Al didn't create a void when he had to be replaced, because Jon still had someone who he could successfully co-write, co-compose, and co-front with. And now as a trio with no guitarist, he's paying the price for not including Hugh. Jon has tried to fill Richie's void with three guitarists, three songwriters and a fiddle player, but still has a ways to go. That's what I mean when I ask if he's "brave" enough to formally replace Richie and let the chips fall where they may.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 06-26-2016 at 08:05 PM..

Old 05-02-2016, 12:23 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
Jon has tried to fill Richie's with three guitarists, three songwriters and a fiddle player, but still has a ways to go.
What kind of ludicrous conspiracy theory are you trying to propagate?
Old 05-02-2016, 12:43 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSantaFe View Post
What kind of ludicrous conspiracy theory are you trying to propagate?
Show some respect -- Prince has barely been interred for a week! I do have SOME standards!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 05-02-2016 at 12:46 AM..
Old 05-02-2016, 12:47 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Jon has proven many times he can successfully write without Richie. And, having seen the band without Richie, they're just fine live without him too. They're still a great live act without him. Richie is not a "co front man" and never has been (unless you've got on Richie goggles, I suppose). Taking lead on a song here and here does not a co-front-man make. It's throwing the guitarist a bone. They're not a band without a guitarist. They're a band without their original guitarist. Many, many bands have a revolving door of members. Better a new guitarist than a new singer, IMO, as many of Bon Jovi's peers from back in the day have struggled with.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:13 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Al didn't create a void when he had to be replaced, because Jon still had someone who he could successfully co-write, co-compose, and co-front with. Jon has tried to fill Richie's void with three guitarists, three songwriters and a fiddle player, but still has a ways to go. That's what I mean when I ask if he's "brave" enough to formally replace Richie and let the chips fall where they may.
Where do you come up with this garbage??? Bobby, the Fiddle Player, and the 3 wise men have all been around for 10 years now. Phil replaced Richie and that's pretty much it... a guitarist replaced Bobby for that short run one month tour but there hasn't been much talk since..

Oh and must I remind you, Richie walked out of this band... Jon is just doing what he needs to do...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2016, 01:22 AM
Something for the Posts

And all I'm saying is that what Jon also has to do is formally end the Richie era with a designated guitarist, not a hired-help journeymen of the month.

Last edited by rocknation; 05-02-2016 at 01:30 AM..
Old 05-02-2016, 01:25 AM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Where do you come up with this garbage??? Bobby, the Fiddle Player, and the 3 wise men have all been around for 10 years now. Phil replaced Richie and that's pretty much it... a guitarist replaced Bobby for that short run one month tour but there hasn't been much talk since..

Oh and must I remind you, Richie walked out of this band... Jon is just doing what he needs to do...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Excellent point! U took the words right out of my mouth! Thank you!
Old 05-02-2016, 01:28 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
And all I'm saying is that what Jon also has to do is formally end the Richie era with a designated guitarist, not a journeyman of the month.
It's been the same guy since Richie walked out, no "journeyman of the month" ffs! If you want Jon to shout it from the rooftops so it would make you happy then be disappointed, this just isn't that type of band and Thank god they're not. That "designated guitarist" is Phil X, it is very commonly known. Go ahead, search google and you'll find it....
Old 05-02-2016, 01:33 AM
Something for the Posts

I should be able to search the publicity pictures, because that's where he should be.

No video as of yet -- they must have strip-searched everyone for cameras.

Old 05-02-2016, 01:35 AM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
It's been the same guy since Richie walked out, no "journeyman of the month" ffs! If you want Jon to shout it from the rooftops so it would make you happy then be disappointed, this just isn't that type of band and Thank god they're not. That "designated guitarist" is Phil X, it is very commonly known. Go ahead, search google and you'll find it....
Once again, u took the words right out of my mouth! Thank you! When Jon is ready to make anything official, he will do it on his own time and terms, not when certain "fans" demand him to do so.