View Single Post

Old 08-30-2015, 08:10 AM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
Well, gee Sebastiaan, when you put it that way... it becomes painfully clear that, in this particular situation, you don't have a clue in hell about the point I was making.
Actually, I do know which point you were making, but you're just not making it.

Quote:
First, I've read a lot more about what a great liability Richie was on the last 4 tours since April 2013, than I ever read while those tours were going on, especially from you.
Well yeah, but that's because information has come out after the last 4 tours. When it comes to keeping the Bon Jovi brand going, the actual product, and producing a show in the first place, Richie has been the liability. Even during The Circle tour, rumours started to come out on how Richie wasn't showing up for rehearsals. Richie used to be the one in charge of rehearsals and soundchecks. That changed to David the last few years, even when Richie was still in the band. Some dirt has come out, both on this board and off this board when talking to crew members.

Quote:
In fact, IIRC, your opinion then was typically that it was Jon's lack of interest, declining vocal abilities, boring setlists, or whatever other burr had gotten under your saddle at the time that presented the biggest liability.
There's a different liability here. When it comes to making the shows more spontaneous and playing more varied shows I'm absolutely positive it's been Jon who's holding back the entire thing. The creative thing in Bon Jovi was halted by Jon, and it still is. However, when it comes to actually playing the show in the first place, it's been kind of obvious how Richie has been the biggest liability. If you are unable to play, you're a liability. He was drunk pretty much the entire HAND tour, was incapable of doing MTV Unplugged, had to cancel a show in South America, dropped out of a leg in 2010 and then did the same thing in 2011. Yeah, that makes you the biggest liability out there, when it comes to actually playing a show and being in a band.

Quote:
It's only been since Richie disappointed the fans that such a glaring spotlight has been focused on the insufferable ineptitude you and others apparently think he demonstrated during those tours. Keep in mind, too, that the fans' beef with Richie didn't come from his action as much it did from the fact that since they didn't know his reason(s), they assumed he didn't have one that was good enough to justify what he did. Many fans said it would have been okay if he had done it for the "right" reason.
And what would this right reason be? If you drop out of a tour and don't give any reason other than "needing to see your daughter", you're a moron. You sign up for a tour, and you finish it. Especially if at least 500.000 people have bought a ticket and expect you to be there. If he didn't want to tour, he shouldn't have signed up for it. It's that easy.

Now I'm sure there have been reasons that have not been shared with us, but there's just no excuse for his behaviour. There isn't, yet there's still people thinking that Richie left for a good reason. It's probably a good reason in Richie land, but other than that he's a selfish prick.

Quote:
Second, there are many people in this world who have all of the same "inabilities" you listed, but that doesn't prove that they're stupid. Some, in fact, are quite brilliant!
And which ones would that be? There's been absolutely nothing in Richie's career the last decade that indicates that he's not a complete **** up.

Quote:
Why on earth would Richie think that Jon would stop a tour because he didn't show up?
Because that's what he's been hinting at. Richie's never said it directly, but saying things like "Well it's not really Bon Jovi without me" pretty much means that he kind of expected the thing to be blown off. Just like he expected to return for the European and South American legs, and Jon telling him no was a surprise to him. That's what Roll's been saying.

It's not so much fans not willing to accept that these are the reasons that's the issue here, it's you who seems to need a valid other reason for Richie doing the things he does. It's as if you can't make peace with the thought of Richie actually dropping out for the reasons he stated.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 08-30-2015 at 08:15 AM..