View Single Post

Old 07-31-2014, 02:59 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I've said it once and I'll say it again. Watching a video on-line verses being there in person are two completely different experiences...

I totally enjoyed the KOS show. Southside Johnny was his special guest. Jon actually sounded somewhat decent. He can't hit a high note to save his ass but his middle range tone sounded great. Jon could still sing...The entire encour was the highlight for me. Him and SSJ did "Talk To Me" which sounded fantastic. Then they did 634-5789 which I never liked but for some reason, this came across amazing live. SSJ adds to the flavor, as well as the NJ audience. Finally, Jon ended it with the Don McLean's cover of American Pie! It was perfect for Jon's voice and a great way to end the show.

I really hope that once all the live-stream songs surface on YouTube, the performances come across the same way as I saw them. If you are a fan, this show is a must see. It's great to see Jon do something outside the scope of Bon Jovi. After two hours, I actually wanted to see more.

I totally like this Jon. Grey hair and everything. Jon looked well rested and in great shape. His voice sounded so much better and it was actually tolerable (as long as he didn't hit high notes). I would love a solo tour
Sounds good. Glad that you enjoyed it. Always loved American Pie since it is a homage to Buddy Holly.