View Single Post

Old 07-31-2014, 08:12 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

I would have to say that my reaction to last nights show was pretty much the same as my reaction to the last Bon Jovi show I saw at Mohegan Sun last October. You can read that one here:

http://www.drycounty.com/jovitalk/sh...37#post1155437

I was expecting a low energy show from a group of musicians that have been labeled local non-professionals and from a lead singer who can't sing any more. However I support my Jersey charities so I went.

Nothing could have been further from the reality. This was a high energy show that I thoroughly enjoyed. Yes there were a lot of covers but for me, who has seen far too many Bon Jovi shows over the years (along with the static setlists) I loved that the show was completely different.

I am also a Southside Johnny fan so I was delighted that he was here. When he and Jon did Talk to Me I was blown away. Those of you that know me may remember my "Talk to Me" uploads to Dime from old tapes of Southside.

And I have to give a big hand to Lorenza on Baba O'Reilly. As far as I'm concerned she gets the "solo of the evening" award. It was spectacular.

Jon does not have upper register that he once had and he sounds far better when he really uses the octaves that now suit him best. In those octaves he still sounds wonderful and probably better than he did in the 80s when trying to sing low.

Ending the show with American Pie was icing on the cake and a complete surprise. When was the last time you were surprised at a Jovi concert?

I enjoyed Richie's show last week (a lot really) but this show sparkled and had us up dancing all night. I'll take it

You write your truth and I'll write mine.