View Single Post

Old 02-27-2014, 11:10 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon View Post
You got to be kiddin' me right?!? That was surreal. What did this man do for so long with Bon Jovi?!?!?!??!??!??!?! Such a waste of talent....just makes me grumpy!
He´s needed the band as well mate, no doubt about that. Jon was kicking Richie´s ass in the late 1990s, it could have been Jon saying I am wasted with the band. I agree with you over the last two years yeah, but Richie and Jon are made for each other for better or for worse. That is not a romantic ideal either, it means when one is good the other is too, and when one is shit... well you get it.

The best possible scenario for me is that all of them disappear for good. The second best is that Richie drives Jon to be better and we get something worthwhile from the band. If it continues like this Jon will becomes a business man doing the odd corporate gig and I shit you not, Richie will be off the map within 18 months. He is not a big enough name to sustain a career and his ego is too big to plum the depths of the music scene.

I am willing to have a pathetic forum bet with anyone that Richie will not last if he pursues a solo career.

However, I am starting to warm to Richie´s performances. I am in no way biased, so I called the other performances shit because they just were, but he has got better there´s no question. Either he is focusing, having his ass kicked by his band for being sloppy, or he just needed practice. Probably a bit of all.