View Single Post

Old 04-04-2013, 11:58 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce7800 View Post
On the US fans debate, its not really much surprise that they are very Jon-centric when that is how the band has been pushed to them. All Jon interviews, Jon on the record covers, Jon only in some videos... The band and the PR have gone that way so its no surprise that a lot of the fans are more of the "Jon and a band" opinion.
I agree. I wish that the screens that I see on clips would show more of the rest of the band. During the last tour when there was a facebook vote on what photo to use in a full-page magazine ad, I chose the one with the full band but the fans voted for the Jon-only ones which annoyed me.

With regard to interviews: I've often wondered why the rest of the band even bothered these last few years with press conferences. All the questions go to Jon and a few to Richie. No wonder Tico looked like he fell asleep at the last press conference in Britain. I do not fault Jon for his interviews and I think that he usually presents himself very well and can still be engaging. It is just different thirty years on. As to charm...the flirty Jon went over well in his 20s, 30s, 40s. I am not sure it would go over well in his 50s. It really wouldn't shock me for Jon to go on as a singer (if he can vocally)when Bon Jovi ends and the rest of the band will also go do their own things. Dave and Richie will stay in music; Dave as a composer, Richie as a performer on a smaller scale. I still think Jon genuinely likes to sing and perform. But who knows--I hope to be around long enough to find out!