View Single Post

Old 04-05-2013, 12:07 AM
It's my post

This thread =

The conspiracy theories are abundant. I was really flustered and tired Monday nights, so I was joining in on them, too. But now it's just ridiculous. We know nothing. So as of now, he has NOT quit the band, he is NOT in rehab, he is NOT in the hospital with a heart attack, or whatever the hell else is in this thread that I don't have the time or care to sift through. Oh, and this is NOT Jon's fault in any way.

Shit happens. Obviously, whatever the reason may be, it happened at a lousy time. But I think Richie (and Jon and the band, for that matter) are smart enough to know that a world tour isn't just something that you can skimp out on. The call was made. No amount of bitching will bring Richie back on this leg, I believe, so just let it happen.

As a sidenote, some of these people claiming that they'll sell their tickets if Richie isn't in Europe are full of it, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK View Post
Okay, slight suspicion of an oxymoron there, I admit it haha , I didn't articulate myself particularly well.

The gist of what I was getting at was if a casual observer compared the Wanted solo Phil X played last night to the way Richie usually plays it, they would find prefer Richie's version.

Of course I have an affinity to Richie (really wishing I chose a different username when these arguments come up), but I don't think Phil X is a guitarist who can "play circles around him" as some people seem to be saying.
Of course, a straight up guitar duel would be the only way to know for sure, but I think Phil X may be a [slightly] better guitarist, from a pure technical standpoint. However, the style Richie has and his way of putting things together is brilliant and thus why he's among my favorite guitarists of all time.

Last edited by TwinFan; 04-05-2013 at 12:09 AM..