View Single Post

Old 04-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon View Post
I keep on reading these kind of statements but how can that work without being the end of it? It's not like firing Alec - it's firing the man who wrote Wanted Dead or Alive, the man who wrote I'll Be There For You, These Days...you know, 90% of Bon Jovi's awesome songs are written or co-written by Richie. How could Jon sing those songs? How could I watch them live, knowing that they fired the man who wrote those songs, AFTER 30 YEARS!!!, because he has some personal issues that he can't get a grip on. I know it's just speculation, but to me, firing Richie would be the absolute end of Bon Jovi and I would even have a hard time listening to the classics any longer. To me, this band was not just about the music. It had a lot to do with their loyalty and friendship, their underdog attitude, the fact that they were role-models for an entire generation. Yes. The music started to suck, but everything else I still sympathised with. There is no way I could overlook all these things if Richie was to be fired.
<snip>
Excellent post and I couldn't agree more. I have been a longterm fan and I hate to be maudlin but I agree about the relationship. Perhaps that is only what I read into it and Jon and Richie are NOT good friends - I have no way of really knowing. Maybe we all invest in a relationship like that because we would love to have one ourselves. Either way - let's not take this to Richie getting fired. It's not as clean cut and simple as "he fcuked up" so let's fire him. It's not "just" a job.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.