View Single Post

Old 04-08-2013, 11:57 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
Excellent post and I couldn't agree more. I have been a longterm fan and I hate to be maudlin but I agree about the relationship. Perhaps that is only what I read into it and Jon and Richie are NOT good friends - I have no way of really knowing. Maybe we all invest in a relationship like that because we would love to have one ourselves. Either way - let's not take this to Richie getting fired. It's not as clean cut and simple as "he fcuked up" so let's fire him. It's not "just" a job.
I agree. Actually, I've been sitting here on pins and needles for the last number of days, and find myself almost too emotionally invested in the state of the Jon-and-Richie relationship. I do think I care so much because, despite being a fan and having that component of interest in them, so often, they present a very deep friendship to people, both through quotes I've seen and their interactions onstage. I can't imagine they're faking the connection we see /all/ of the time--I don't think either of them are that great at acting --but maybe this is one of the 'darker' times for them. The question will be whether they rise up out of it, or whether the relationship has run its course.