View Single Post

Old 04-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjhand View Post
None of us know why Richie has done this but he is obviously not the kind of guy to say FU to his fans. Whatever the reason, it is not just cause he didn’t feel like it.

Whilst we are speculating I do wonder whether some people ever look at anything but Jon’s ass.

Try checking out some of the faces he pulls at the other band members the second they make the slightest mistake. For example (and im sure we could start an entire new thread on the topic) Hull 2006, Jon was a total arse all night long, if Tico had laid him out that night I wouldn’t have blamed him. What about the other week when Jon totally humiliated Dave into doing the intro to Old Time Rock n Roll over and over until he abandoned it altogether. I’ve seen him throw Richie plenty of stink eyes over the years. The fuss Jon caused when Richie’s amp blew out in London was ridiculous, like Richie had done it on purpose.

Maybe he just got sick of working for the CEO of a major corporation, and the tension and atmosphere Jon seems to enjoy creating…

That could all be BS but if I was Richie there has been plenty of times I would have at least flipped the finger at Jon.
This is interesting and I think most of us can say that we have seen some of the things Jon does on stage and in interviews and thought, ouch. The trouble is, it all depends on the dynamics of their friendships and/or their working relationships. Perhaps as friends those kinds of looks, slight put downs, or whatever else are acceptable. If my best mate was like that, at some point I would have accepted him as my best mate for who he is so could probably deal with it. But if you did it for example, ooo, I would tell my mom on your or something. So it depends, if they are the great friends they say they are then those little things are probably cool, but if they are more distant then it could be a problem.

The same goes for their working relationship. If that kind of thing is acceptable to them it is probably something they know about, deal with, or are not even bothered by. If it is a relatively new thing then it could cause issue.

In terms of the amp blowing out in London, I don't think Jon was pissed with Richie, I think he was pissed with the amp, or even whoever set it up. As he was talking to Richie it seemed like the anger wasn't at him, but for me he was just asking him questions while angry at something or someone else, which is still wrong as it is no ones fault really.

The press conference thing when he kind of interrupts when Richie talks is tense though. Richie looks uncomfortable after it. I have not watched it today, but if I remember he kind of shuffles in his seat, looks around excessively and starts doing something with his mouth. He certainly did not appear to like that.

The biggest problem I have with Jon is that he has become a caricature of himself. It is something all rockstars do, but usually it is the silly 60 year old grandfather spilling out of a club with coke on his nose and a 20 year old on his cock. With Jon he built the reputation as a hard worker, dedicated, driven and through the 1990s it is widely said that his vision carried the band through their most artistically fulfilling period. He seems to have now taken those traits that are worthy of complement and made them sole focus of his public persona until it has come to the point where he is arrogant and selfish at times. If he has secretly always been like that then great, but if it is something that has developed and is getting worse, then that could be pissing the band off too.

Last edited by semigoodlookin; 04-26-2013 at 03:08 PM..