View Single Post

Old 06-30-2013, 07:49 AM
Undiscovered Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jule225 View Post
I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. It cleared up several things:

1. He is allowed to comment on his own status as a member of the band, and when he'll be back.

2. He is allowed to comment on why he's not there.

3. He is absolutely promoting the fashion line. By throwing this party and putting his name on it, he's promoting it.

I'm certainly not suggesting there are no legal restrictions on what he can and cannot say (which I do realize is what I said, though not what I meant.) Of course there may be. When contracts are involved, restrictions exist. However, his comments throughout the interview do make it clear he's not as restricted as some have assumed he is.
I thought he was tied up in his contract with the management, but it shows I was wrong. I'm really surprised at the level of the restrictions which are not that strict as many people here think.
Now he revealed that there was an issue with the band. (He didn't disclose any specific reason, though.) He was able to let people know that in April, but he decided not to do until now.
Then, the band and management just have respected him and kept it as his private matter (probably Richie requested to the management as his private matter) from the beginning because Jon said in a press interview that Richie was the one who could say anything further on the reason for his absence from the tour.

I don't know the details on his contract, but if he wants his complete freedom from the band, then he would have quitted already.
Anyway, it's good to know he still wants to be in the band. Seems Jon really misses him so much.

Last edited by SupermanJon; 06-30-2013 at 07:53 AM..