View Single Post

Old 07-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationJovi View Post
Because he was a no show. People bought a ticket to see the whole band. If you purchase a happy meal, you expect to get all it includes. Handing you a burger and drink and saying sorry we are out of fries after you paid doesn't cut it. If you knew ahead of time they were out of fries you would have ordered differently and not expected fries in your bag.
Put yourself in his shoes.

You have a big issue - something that in 30 years is the biggest issue in your "family".

You consider it big enough to walk away from.

Do you stay?

It's utterly selfish to think a fan that's paid for a ticket (even if it's hotels and travel too) should be more important than making yourself happy over the best part of a year! He's spent his life neglecting family and friends for the sake of a rock n roll band. Personally, I think he's given more than enough over three decades to keep any fan happy.

I know what it's like as a small-fry guitarist playing 3 shows a week. I've just got home and haven't seen my girlfriend for days. That's DAYS. Not weeks or months.

Cut the guy some slack, stop putting your one night of musical enjoyment first, and think of the bigger picture.

I'm a 7ft, overweight, fugly and with a mono-brow. Hello ladies....