View Single Post

Old 07-01-2013, 07:17 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease View Post
Put yourself in his shoes.

You have a big issue - something that in 30 years is the biggest issue in your "family".

You consider it big enough to walk away from.

Do you stay?

It's utterly selfish to think a fan that's paid for a ticket (even if it's hotels and travel too) should be more important than making yourself happy over the best part of a year! He's spent his life neglecting family and friends for the sake of a rock n roll band. Personally, I think he's given more than enough over three decades to keep any fan happy.

I know what it's like as a small-fry guitarist playing 3 shows a week. I've just got home and haven't seen my girlfriend for days. That's DAYS. Not weeks or months.

Cut the guy some slack, stop putting your one night of musical enjoyment first, and think of the bigger picture.
Love this. I respect Jon, Dave, Tico for carrying on but I also respect Richie for his decision to stop (whether or not we thing he is right or wrong). Actually there is probably right and wrong on both sides which creates the possibility of the issue getting sorted out. Geez how many songs talk about believing in something, taking a stand, etc. Richie is taking a huge hit on this so obviously he thought it was important. In the meantime the band is continuing to give great concerts (some even say better concerts than usual).

P.S. If something is missing from a Happy Meal, you are usually given something else to compensate. So with that analogy, you are getting PhilX