View Single Post

Old 07-10-2013, 02:43 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessycardy View Post
Great. Just great. I kind of assumed his tweet was a little dig at Bon Jovi's music or something, but now it's black on white. What the ****?!? I'm really, REALLY starting to hate this shit, I want my band back.
I do agree with this; maybe Richie's soul and artistic vision is with his solo record (and that would make sense)--but what he isn't saying (but what I'm inferring) is that his soul and artistic vision is certainly /not/ with "WAN".

I certainly hope he isn't referring to the entirety of the Bon Jovi catalog, but who knows?

I just happened to read an interview with Lou Gramm, the original singer and co-songwriter of Foreigner. As many of you probably know, he is no longer with Foreigner, and after health problems (a brain tumor that was successfully removed)--he's had a hard road trying to reclaim his voice, but seems to be improving.

Lately, he and main band songwriter Mick Jones (who have had a contentious relationship) reunited for their induction into the Songwriters' Hall of Fame. In an interview, Lou talked about his relationship to Mick:

Question: Having a volatile relationship between two very different songwriters seems to be a common thread among many big bands. Any idea why that might be?

Answer: I’ve thought about that a lot, to tell you the truth, and I don’t have a real definitive answer. I just think that, honestly, (it comes down to) ego. One thinks that they are the more important of the two and before you know it somebody’s got the upper hand and somebody’s down on the ground.

In our early years of writing together, it was just a writing team. It didn’t feel like one was the main writer and one was just being co-writer, it just felt like our objective was to write great songs.

As years went by, Mick being the founder of the band, I think he just kind of pulled rank. A writing relationship is all based on the ability to open yourself up and let your most private ideas out. I didn’t feel open enough anymore in the way I used to. At that point, the creative bond and partnership were damaged.

Instead of being a team, we were adversaries and we no longer did our best work.

Just some food for thought...