View Single Post

Old 07-23-2013, 09:24 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy3 View Post
Hey! Watch what you say about Backstagers! (Says someone who only goes there see if they have info this site doesn't.) Richie fans are a very passionate bunch, aren't they? If he did leave for real, and embarked on a full blown solo career I wonder would those same passionate/fanatic fans support his music and a tour?
I would venture a guess of "Yes" to this. There is a vocal group on Twitter who are pleading with him to ditch Bon Jovi for good and go solo, saying "He's too good for them" and etc.

I'm a big Richie fan, too, but the guy can't even fill more than 300 seats in a U.S. solo show in his hometown in L.A.

Plus, he brings magic to Bon Jovi, imo. The interplay, both vocally and interpersonally, is what makes "Bon Jovi" the band it is, for me, at least.

I'd like to see him stay in the band and also release more solo music. If he goes solo permanently, I also know I wouldn't be able to afford to travel overseas to see him, since his European shows sell out and he would probably concentrate a tour there.

He certainly wouldn't be able to achieve the same level of success that he has known with Bon Jovi. It takes decades to build up that kind of following. Bon Jovi is Richie's legacy as much as Jon's; I'd hate to see that go down in flames.