View Single Post

Old 07-24-2013, 04:28 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovigirlCT View Post
Agree- would love to know the "source". Didn't Richie, himself, say in the taped interview not too long ago (before a fashion show) that it would not be until Sept. for a return - not happening now. Whoever the source is just seems to be trying to stir things up before the concerts in NJ. Jon has been quiet on the matter except for the Richie is welcome back at anytime but it
seems that Richie's sources are out to cause trouble - maybe he realizes that some of the fans (his/Jons/BonJovi's) have given up on him and are frustrated with him and he wants to deflect the blame for all of this. Still think its a mental breakdown thing with him.
This is the interview/article I think you are referencing-
Bon Jovi will be headlining a huge show in London’s Hyde Park on July 12, but once again, Richie Sambora won’t be playing with them. However, the guitarist’s hinting that this fall might see his return to the stage with Jon Bon Jovi and the rest of the group.

Sambora hasn’t performed with the band since April, and will only cite “personal matters” as the reason for his absence. Speaking to the British paper The Sun at an Los Angeles event promoting his fashion line, he said of the Hyde Park gig, “I truly want to be there and I feel very sad for the fans that I won’t be performing. I love the fans, I love the band. Jon and I have been tight for like 30 years, so all of this is very sad and it affects so many people around us.”

But what exactly is the issue that’s keeping him from the band? Richie would only say that it’s “a family drama…and it will be resolved.” He added, “I’ll be in Paris with my daughter Ava while the band rocks the U.K. But let’s see what happens at the end of summer. September’s looking good. So, maybe September.”

Sambora later tweeted, “Hey all, to those who saw that interview from the fashion show it was about my hopes. Nothing’s really happening yet.”

Souce- http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/...-in-september/