View Single Post

Old 03-30-2015, 04:41 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon View Post
I said it before - that means nothing. GnR were opening for Iron Maiden and Axl was trashing them whenever he could. Van Halen was opening for Bon Jovi but other than Sammy Hagar, no one had a nice thing to say about Jovi. That's how it goes with opening bands. Slash only did a handful of gigs, mostly festivals - not liking Jovi doesn't make him a hypocrite .

Also, Slash and Richie played together before. Apparently Slash even persuaded Richie to give back some of the money to Skid Row ages ago...so I doubt he'd have a problem playing on Richie's record despite of the things he's said but I think he's heavily touring at the moment....
What did Van Halen have to say about Bon Jovi when they supported them? I am genuinely curious.

I remember Jon speaking kindly to them, saying he understood it was hard for them etc. while I think he said once Alex Van Halen asked for advice, or Jon gave the advice anyway without being asked, not sure which.

I know they hung out a bit during that tour, but that means little of course. I think we forget that most people have had a dig at Bon Jovi from that era of rock, it has been the cool thing to do at various points. Those same people have also praised the band, some of them at least.

I remember when Tobais Sammet was getting some heat for being the German Jon Bon Jovi and he said something like, it seems cool to hate on JBJ, like it was just the "in" thing to do and that he didn't get it.