View Single Post

Old 03-30-2015, 08:07 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon View Post
Alex said it was a massive mistake to go on tour with them. Eddie was stating how Jovi were getting angry at them if they were not staying for the Jovi set. He also said that they had to up their game because of Van Halen, hence they changed the opener to Prayer. Stuff like this, basically implying that they were the bigger band and Jovi were just food on their plate which was absolutely not the case. The only one who I remember saying positive stuff was Sammy...who pointed out that it wasn't the right gig for them, Bon Jovi were just too big and they were not at their best so it made them appear poor.
Actually I do recall Eddie being a bit more humble about it. He said how it was the wrong audience for them to play for and he was sad when the fans didn't react to his guitar shredding, to which the narrator concluded "he wasn't the guitar hero to that audience" or something like that. He also said they wouldn't get a positive enthusiastic reaction after ending their set, so they had to change it and end the set with Jump and only that led to decent climax in the end.

So overall it was more about not being a good fit, but it didn't slag Bon Jovi. I'm not questioning what you just wrote, just adding what I recall reading about this. I think it was on Classic Rock magazine a few years ago, but I'm not sure.