View Single Post

Old 08-25-2015, 10:00 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

It's not a direct quote, but what the journalist made of it. So far I've not heard Jon talk about Richie coming back, apart from that one quote where he'd be hard pressed and all of that. There's no way he'd close the door on that one considering many people bailed last time once it was announced. He knows Richie attracts people to a show.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Really? Was it that significant? I wouldn't say so, most of the venues were filled pretty nicely. Obviously, some die-hards were affected, but I feel like most of them are so dedicated that they went to shows anyway (cause they're die hards), but for casuals, the whole Richie situation created some media attention, which reminded about the shows.

Don't get me wrong, I believe (and hope) that Jon will keep the door open for Richie, but I'd say Richie's commercial effect is way too marginal that would force Jon to welcome Richie if he otherwise hated the idea. I think if Richie was to come back it would be a lot more related to a) friendship that was once there, and b) loyalty and place in history; not be one of those one-man bands that keeps losing members, like GNR, Whitesnake, Smashing Pumpkins, and be more like like U2. But then again, I didn't expect Jon to continue Bon Jovi brand without Richie for legacy reasons and I was obviously wrong, so here's that.