Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Official: Bon Jovi in Tel Aviv, Israel - October 3rd, 2015

Tour Discussion

Old 10-07-2015, 12:54 AM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Newton View Post
Yea I probably don't see the worst in the band like some people do, but I am not sure where your getting this Richie thing from?

I do feel quite a few people on here do actually enjoy it when the band are not up to scratch, which to be honest I can't get my head round.
Because we want the band to be great, we want to see Jon nailing songs, difficult songs, we want to see Richie on that stage, improvising great guitar solos and jams and all, we just want that big rock band to be great and be proud of it, proud to show it to friends, take friends to the shows, make them listen to new albums, and most importantly: we want to be positively surprised by what they do?

Because we love them so much we're sometimes very critical. Because on the flip side we're there supporting them since years.

At least that's for me. I hate what I see right now, I want them to be great because when they do they bring me a lot of joy.

Old 10-07-2015, 09:48 AM
Born to be my Baby

The thing that bothers me the most about Jon's voice is not that he can't hit the high notes, it's his tone. He sounds like one of those movie nerds who just hit puberty and has a weird mustache and a whiny nasal voice.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:45 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
VICTORY IS OURS!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/shany.meida...6851108948330/ (click for vid):
After performing (We Don't Run), Jon continue(d) with his empathy for Israel and says: "And if someone didn't understand the first message, here comes part two!" And adds to these words a gesture that says "f*** you!"

...To finish...Jon says "And if someone asks you why, say 'Because we can'", and then performs the same-titled song.

Thank you Jon Bon Jovi for standing your ground like a MAN and thank you for your support and love for Israel!
Good for Jon! I was happy to hear that he told them that We Don't Run could be their fight song and that he was willing to come back any time. Truly, FU or FO (if you wish), Roger Waters. There IS a Jewish guy in the band.

Did you happen to hear Howard Stern going off on Roger Waters about writing Bon Jovi the letter?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...ing-in-israel/
Old 10-07-2015, 03:03 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Send a message via MSN to jon-flp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Good for Jon! I was happy to hear that he told them that We Don't Run could be their fight song and that he was willing to come back any time. Truly, FU or FO (if you wish), Roger Waters. There IS a Jewish guy in the band.

Did you happen to hear Howard Stern going off on Roger Waters about writing Bon Jovi the letter?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...ing-in-israel/
Yeah! Really great! I think that Jon’s reactions and answers to this were totally amazing. I’m proud of the band’s attitude.

And Howard Stern was brilliant too.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:19 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Sorry but I disagree. I do not see that energy, and most of the show, Phil and Matt are just (meaningless) fillers. Water is a proof of this, even with Bobby this was better. However I agree that the weakest point is Jon.
Never apologize for having a different opinion, that's what we're here for!! However, the energy that Phil and Matt bring is clearly there, they carry songs like KTF, We got it, Sleep, and the like are really helped by their energetic playing. If what they're doing is meaningless to you then so be it but if one day you decide to look beyond the Richie tinted glasses you have it will be there for you to enjoy. (And yes, I believe that's why you used the term "fillers" in a derogatory manner, they are filling in, and they're doing a better job than anyone ever thought possible....
Old 10-07-2015, 06:07 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
.........and they're doing a better job than anyone ever thought possible....
Exactly that Javier. Now all we need is a miracle for Jon's voice

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:55 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
Never apologize for having a different opinion, that's what we're here for!! However, the energy that Phil and Matt bring is clearly there, they carry songs like KTF, We got it, Sleep, and the like are really helped by their energetic playing. If what they're doing is meaningless to you then so be it but if one day you decide to look beyond the Richie tinted glasses you have it will be there for you to enjoy. (And yes, I believe that's why you used the term "fillers" in a derogatory manner, they are filling in, and they're doing a better job than anyone ever thought possible....
It is not derogatory, just do not have anything special, and all that jam is boring. They are decently guitarists, but this seems a show of current Guns N Roses, decent guitars but sounds much more boring and less exciting than their original guitarist.
When Richie played the solos of Have a Nice Day, Keep The Faith, Wanted or Sleep, receive a big kick ass. Now, that is lost.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:28 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli View Post
The thing that bothers me the most about Jon's voice is not that he can't hit the high notes, it's his tone. He sounds like one of those movie nerds who just hit puberty and has a weird mustache and a whiny nasal voice.
This.

The fact that he is out of key on most of the songs is bad. But his tone makes it unbearable for me to listen him singing.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:16 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by efpg0708 View Post
This.

The fact that he is out of key on most of the songs is bad. But his tone makes it unbearable for me to listen him singing.
Is tone part of the whining sounds he has now? He sings some words that way and it's annoying.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Runaway

I dont know what its hapenning to his voice... I agree with all of you, I dont mind him not being able to hit the high notes (well, let's say I dont expect him to be able to hit them anymore), but there is something odd in his way of singing...

Last edited by _TxIkI_; 10-07-2015 at 08:56 PM..