Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

If Richie + Orianthi will tour together, will you go?

Tour Discussion

View Poll Results: Will you see Richie Sambora live if half the set is sung by Orianthi?
Yes! 16 32.65%
Nah... 19 38.78%
I wouldn't go either way. 14 28.57%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2015, 08:43 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic
Default If Richie + Orianthi will tour together, will you go?

Aloha !

With the two lovebirds recording their current masterpiece chances are big that once it's out, they'll be touring together. It'll be no more Richie feat. Orianthi, but Richie & Orianthi instead. And that means Orianthi singing parts or probably entire songs live.

Will you go? Will you care? For every song Orianthi sings you're missing out on the d̶r̶u̶n̶k̶ ̶ guitarist f̶o̶r̶g̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ playing one of his songs. What if 50% of the set is sung by Orianthi? Can you stand her rendition of Give In To Me?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Old 10-22-2015, 09:04 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Because I've never seen him solo before, or in that environment, I'd go.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:06 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

With the two lovebirds recording their current masterpiece chances are big that once it's out, they'll be touring together. It'll be no more Richie feat. Orianthi, but Richie & Orianthi instead. And that means Orianthi singing parts or probably entire songs live.

Will you go? Will you care? For every song Orianthi sings you're missing out on the d̶r̶u̶n̶k̶ ̶ guitarist f̶o̶r̶g̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ playing one of his songs. What if 50% of the set is sung by Orianthi? Can you stand her rendition of Give In To Me?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Yes, I'd go. Even though Richie was drunk as hell and messed up a lot of songs, I had a wonderfull time in London 2014. The energy was sky high and I had much more fun than I had summing up all the Jovi concerts I went in 2013.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:24 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

The chances that they'd play in Jackson, MS, are slim to none anyway, but even if they did, I wouldn't go. I have no desire to see them.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:40 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
If they pass through Spain, I'll be there to see it. And I like his Give In To Me cover.

I can't wait for the new album. I think there will also be powerful duets, that could be the highlight of the shows.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 10-22-2015 at 09:43 PM..
Old 10-22-2015, 11:00 PM
Something for the Posts

It would depend on what's on their album: I saw Richie on his Stranger In This Town tour because I liked the album, not because it was an extra chance to see most of Bon Jovi. From what I've seen Richie and Orianthi's most recent shows online, however, they've made me feel trapped between an under-rehearsed bar band and a parent-child school recital!

They're not a guitar team as of yet (they don't even trade licks); there's no chemistry musically or vocally (she hasn't got the voice for powerful duets), and she has no musical personality, as Old Joysey has said. If Orianthi wants to be seen as something more than a female gimmick flash act, her playing will have to transition into something much more substantial.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 12-12-2018 at 06:18 AM..
Old 10-22-2015, 11:06 PM
Blaze of Posting

Sure! I still enjoy Richie's voice and music. The only thing that has angered me out of his last performances is that he's capable of performing so much better, but apart from that it's still at a level that he could still work on himself. As far as Orianthi goes, I find her enjoyable also, don't get irritated by her voice as some on here do and I find her being a competent guitar player (technically more so than Richie) who lacks a bit of feel but still fun to watch her shred...
Old 10-22-2015, 11:44 PM
Posting Always

In a perfect world, Richie & Ori will be touring with Picture Me Broken as their opening act and Brooklyn will sing a couple of songs during their set.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:38 AM
The Distance

Only if the venue location is convenient & priced right. 20 bucks a ticket.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:37 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
...I like his Give In To Me cover.
Acutally, Give In To Me is a How Can I Laugh Tomorrow When I Can't Even Smile Today cover!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 02-18-2016 at 01:33 AM..