View Single Post

Old 10-26-2013, 11:38 PM
Next 100 Posts

So last night was the third show this year I've seen, and I have enjoyed all three, starting with the snow show, then Gillette this summer and Mohegan again last night. Gates were supposed to open at 7, and at 7, the gates did not open and word was going around that the band was still doing soundcheck, but I can't confirm that rumor. Gates opened around 7:15, and at 8:30 the screen flased "Showtime in 1 minute" but it actually took about 15 minutes to start from that point. I didn't expect Lost Highway as the opener, I would've put money on Water but that song came second. Jon's facial expressions during Water and Bad Name were painful to look at, but overall I thought Jon sounded pretty good. Radio and Superman were nice surprises and they are two of my favorite songs so I liked hearing them. JBJ said we would be in for a few surprises and we did get a few songs that hadn't appeared that often in sets this year. Like someone else said, I'd Die For You was listed on the setlist, as was HAND but I suspect that they were dropped due to Mohegan's strict 11 PM curfew. The end of the main set seemed rushed and the encore was quick and abrupt, again I think that is because of the curfew. Lemma was on fire last night, and I hope a video of Radio surfaces because his backing vocals were especially excellent in that song. Phil X was fired up all night and delivered a great show. He looks more and more comfortable each show and he's getting better and better. Only negative of the show was Bobby during his solos, can't recall which song but at one point he jumped up and down and looked like a little kid trying to put on pants, and his side to side wave during Captain Crash was just awkward, but his backing vocals were superb. Thick as Thieves was great, and it worked very well in a small arena. All in all, the show was good, it was short due to curfew, but performance-wise, I couldn't ask for much more.