View Single Post

Old 01-14-2015, 03:36 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
I'm with you on this one. I think the gigs last January in Australia were ok but since then it just got worse and worse for me. Orianthi may be a great guitarist on her own but doesn't fit in a band thing with Richie at all. She looks bored and hides on the side of the stage meanwhile he can't get his shit together himself. Much like Jon nowadays, just with some guitars...
She is not a great guitarist and never has been. She is better than Richie by a lot right now though, but she has offered nothing original in terms of guitar, and she is decent technically, but not as good as some people seem to think. In terms of skill she is better than Richie, but she does not live with the better guitarists out there, and she wouldn't have lived with Richie back in the day, for reasons beyond just pure ability.

As for the quality, I have just stopped watching any new videos of him because I want to retain some kind of respect for what he used to be capable of. Richie 15 year ago blew this one away, and because he is a guitarist that simply shouldn't have happened. He is older now so surely has much more time to practice than he used to. I hate rusty guitarists because it shows he doesn't love the instrument enough to pick it up and practice it. For me, the only way a guitarist should get worse is because of health issues or lack of practice, Richie may be experiencing both.

There's nothing at all wrong with people enjoying what Richie is doing at the moment, but there's nothing at all wrong with hating it either. I hate it, shit music.