View Single Post

Old 10-28-2016, 05:57 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
The Circle is a good album overall. WAN is an uninspiring crap. Jon is the visionary, not blame the guitarrist. Do not forget what you said Richie, who left the band by musical differences. Jon wanted Richie to be like The Edge, that's a mistake. Richie has to be Richie Sambora.

Jon's vision in this new album is slightly better because WAN was a failure, and realized that something was wrong, but I think this new album is not better than The Circle. In my opinion is a little below.
I hate saying this, because you seem like a nice guy, but if 'talking out of one's ass' had a definition, this would come pretty damn close.

And for the record, nobody is arguing that it was Jon's vision that made those recent records lackluster. No one is blaming your precious Richie for that. But the point many are making is that if Richie stayed in the band, Jon would've stayed uninspired and it would've produced the same political-universal-vanilla theme and the output would've been more of the same quality. Richie left, Jon got inspired again and THINFS is a significant improvement. That's not a knock on Richie in any way.

Last edited by Walleris; 10-28-2016 at 06:01 PM..