View Single Post

Old 08-31-2014, 04:05 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Agreed with Bandiera's one note-wonders. Richie probably lost his train of thought and slipped up, but I still think something's wrong with the guy. The amount of bum notes and slip-ups increases every year. He used to be such a fluid and proficient player but he's mumbling his way through lyrics now, dropping words and forgetting licks completely. I'm kind of worried about the guy.
When seeing videos of Richie of the past few years I started wondering the same thing. I think people who don't play guitar will realize how sloppy he really is, but also won't notice how odd his mistakes are. It's not a matter of him just not being able to play as fast anymore, or hitting the odd bum note. It's really basic mistakes that don't make sense at all, and hitting bum notes that don't make sense, if you know what I mean?

I talked about this with Thierry as well, both kind of agreeing that there's more wrong with Richie than just substance abuse. When looking at Richie's "symptoms" (And I don't really like playing doctor), I've been thinking he's got Alzheimer's decease, or another dementia related illness. His lack of focus, poor judgement, slurring words when he speaks, change in behavior and incapability of just playing any song without error all leads me to believe it's more than him being a **** up.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan