View Single Post

Old 01-17-2015, 02:36 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Default So.. does anyone think Richie's return is STILL possible ?

After all the fuss, media frenzy shit, Orianthi, 'He quit, he's gone, being in a band doesn't have to be a life sentence ' / 'I'd be hard pressed to let him in ' yada yada yada bullshit..

D'you think there would be a point in time where Richie would call Jon and say 'Hey man, what's up ?' and somehow that conversation would lead to Bon Jovi 'reforming' ? I can't see Jon mellowing out, put all the business shit and grudges away and simply let him in... conversely, I don't see Richie attempting to get back anyways - which pretty much settles it, right ?

He did took out the 'Bon Jovi consiglieri ' bit off his twitter. BUT.... Aren't we, as fans entitled to an official statement from the band ? If Jon hadn't been asked about Richie recently by some random journalist, we'd still be here thinking he could be back.

I honestly don't care whose fault it is. I think the band as an organization is showing a tremendous lack of respect for the millions of fans out there by not saying something in an official manner.

Guess some of you here are right when you say Jon feels like Bon Jovi is a bit like Springsteen and he can make 'minor' changes in the band and not telling anyone about it - oh wait a minute... Springsteen people DO tell their fans when, say, Steve Van Zandt is absent from a tour. But here's where this theory contradicts itself... if Jon sees himself as a solo act, why does he mention Tico and David when he says there was no way he was gonna break up the band ?

Lisbon 2008; Lisbon 2011