View Single Post

Old 01-17-2015, 05:20 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Richie would need to take a huge ego blow and come back to JBJ/BJ the band with a ton of apologies. I'm not sure he's even gonna admit to his new album failing, if it should. But IMO it would be absolutely mandatory for Richie to learn to appreciate the impact BJ gave him as a musician.
In one interview, Richie said that if he were to come back to the band, things would have to be different. So he may not be the only one who needs to apologize. And there may also need to be some recognition of the impact he's had on BJ, as well.

I honestly haven't seen where he has denied or diminished the impact Bon Jovi has had on him or his musicianship. All I've heard him say is that it's a sweet gig and that he'd be a real asshole if he didn't appreciate the opportunities he's had as a result of being in Bon Jovi. Just because some of the fans insist on inferring from his statements that he claims sole credit for writing the songs (which he never said nor implied) and extrapolating that to mean he thinks he made the band doesn't mean that Richie feels that way or that he hasn't appreciated being a part of the band.

I'm not saying you're wrong in what you say here, because we don't know the ins and outs of what led to Richie leaving; but I think it's more of a two-way street than has been presented. And for them to reunite for anything more than a one-off cash-grab, there may have to be some apologies, forgiveness, and concessions all around.

I keep seeing more and more similarities to the "hiatus" after the Jersey Syndicate tour, with the notable exception, of course, being the way this one played out in public. It's my understanding that Jon is the one who approached Richie after that one; so I guess who approaches whom 'with hat in hand' will depend on what led to the split to begin with and who most wants to see the band reunited - if any of them do. JMO