Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...

Old 08-20-2015, 12:51 PM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to crashed

Paul Korzilius of Bon Jovi Management also released a statement announcing the artist's team is trying to "make this right for our fans."
"We're exploring legal remedies but all that matters now is that we're working to fix the mess Paper Rain has created," Korzilius said. "More on that tomorrow."

Jon can still come out of this looking like a good guy and he has the connections to make it work - be interesting to see what they come up with.
Old 08-20-2015, 02:37 PM
Posting Always

It's getting worse for the fans expecting a refund, gotta sit on it and move on!
http://www.vancouversun.com/entertai...486/story.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashed View Post
Jon can still come out of this looking like a good guy and he has the connections to make it work - be interesting to see what they come up with.
Yep! I'm going to play devil's advocate and comments gatherer here: the general bitching is about Jon Inc. creating 2 opposite teams (again) because of the situation: in one corner, the 170 privileged fans who can afford the $2,000 + trip Runaway Tours package who will have a show and in the other corner, the casual poorer fans who won't have a show or their money back. As they say, Jon gives away millions of $$$ every year to charity organizations and politicians, why can't he do the same for his real fans? He's not responsible for this mess, that's understood, and even if Korzilius had accepted a postponement (supposing it was possible despite the upcoming Asian tour), tickets wouldn't have sold better. So now Jon has to cope with over 7,000 infuriated fans who can't accept that only the richest ones (the "Runaways") are treated decently. It's time to have an excellent PR agengy and listen to them!

But isn't the real problem the fact that a big experienced organization such as Jon Inc. accepted to work with an event organizer who hadn't done much so far, was unknown and yet planned on having 14,000 concert-goers?

The only sort of positive side of the mess is that it showed Jon that he can't do it without the brand so he's not going to release another solo album before long! Yes, I know what you're gonna say: every band album has been a solo album + back-up band since 2000s, and all the more since the main co-songwriter/producer's work has faded away (yeah, I mean WAN and the 2016 album).
Old 08-20-2015, 02:51 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joysey View Post
But isn't the real problem the fact that a big experienced organization such as Jon Inc. accepted to work with an event organizer who hadn't done much so far, was unknown and yet planned on having 14,000 concert-goers?
Jon plays for anyone who pays. In 2010 the band played on a new "festival" here, organized by someone who'd become well known to be scum. Jon got his money, the band did the show and moved on. A year later the guy tried to organize the same festival yet still had to pay companies off for the services of the time Bon Jovi played there. Jon got "lucky", because both Bryan Adams and Elton John were booked there a year later, and never got their money, nor did they play there.

I think the real issue for Jon is that it's clear now he can't sell tickets for shit if he's coming as a solo act. His asking price is very steep, and apparantly a bit too high. I'm surprised they let out details about the contract anyway, usually that stuff is kept private. But considering how poorly several shows on the last tour were selling, I'd say this is a bit of a warning of what's to come next year.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 08-20-2015, 03:24 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Jon plays for anyone who pays.
Yes, my point, exactly! "anyone" didn't pay this time so Jon refused to play. When your company has reached such a high level as Jon's has, you're more cautious (well, you should be!) and check the records, get to know who you're about to work with, see how things went in the past. It's not only about the money, it's about the image of the artist, the message that is sent to the public is that this artist is ready to play "for anyone who pays", whatever the conditions for the public and the companies involved in the project. A few years ago when Bruce Springsteen accepted to play festivals in Europe a lot of organizers tried to book him, thinking all they needed was the $1 million+ he demands for a show but no, Bruce Inc. is very very demanding in terms of quality so he refused many offers because the technical and organizational requirements he demanded couldn't be provided by the festival organizers. Of course, local fans were disppointed but better be disappointed than ripped off by organizers who don'tknow what they're doing and behave as crooks.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:26 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
CKNW ‏@CKNW

.@BonJovi Mgmt's Paul Korzilius will chat to @seanleslie980 on The Jon McComb Show tomorrow morning #DontMissIt
i.e. on August 20th from 8:30am Vancouver time, 11:30am NYC time. Live here:
http://www.cknw.com/2015/08/19/promo...-jovi-concert/

According to the statement issued by the organizer, they're putting the blame on BJ Inc. because they repeatedly refused to postpone the show!
Old 08-20-2015, 05:41 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
http://bc.ctvnews.ca/promoter-of-cancelled-bon-jovi-show-files-for-bankruptcy-1.2524858
Strange!
Not strange -- crooked!

And now they've declared bankruptcy? Nice work incriminating yourselves!

Jon's going to play for the 7K+ ticket holders at Rogers Arena? Good! Rogers...that name rings a bell...one of the Toronto Brothers who was going to buy the Buffalo Bills with Jon? Boy, do THEY own Jon a favor!

When I said that calling Purple Rain "rank amateurs" was an insult to rank amateurs, I had no idea I was making the understatement of the decade!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 09-22-2015 at 05:30 AM..
Old 08-20-2015, 05:44 PM
Jovi Addict

this just in....
they're playing Roger's Arena on Saturday for people with tickets!
No new tickets will be sold.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:51 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
And now they've declared bankruptcy? Nice work incriminating yourselves -- that PROVES they didn't have any money! Now they can be criminally charged with fraud or grand larceny!

When I said that calling Purple Rain "rank amateurs" was an insult to rank amateurs, I had no idea I was making the understatement of the decade!
Not only that, but one of the organisers has previously declared himself bankrupt in May last year too.
Old 08-20-2015, 06:01 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
Not only that, but one of the organisers has previously declared himself bankrupt in May last year too.
Which brings us back to square one: If Purple Rain had no front money of their own, how and why did the Stanley Park people hire them? Now that bankruptcy, fraud, and a government agency are involved, I think there has to be an investigation.

In the radio interview, Paul Korzilius basically said what he did in the first press release -- that it wasn't until Monday that they found out that no one had been paid, making it impossible to get everything set up on time. He also said that the reason they couldn't sell more tickets was because Rogers used a competitive ticketing system. So like I said, Paper Rain shouldn't have been hired. But it doesn't explain why the JBJ camp didn't know that no one had been paid until such a late date.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 09-02-2015 at 02:09 AM..