Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Did you attend a Bon Jovi concert in New Jersey?

Tour Discussion

Old 04-19-2016, 11:45 PM
Suddenly

Default Did you attend a Bon Jovi concert in New Jersey?

HAVE YOU PURCHASED TICKETS TO A BON JOVI CONCERT IN NEW JERSEY FOR MORE THAN FACE VALUE?
Nagel Rice has filed suit against Live Nation and AEG Live, the two largest concert promoters in the United States. Nagel Rice alleges that the concert promoters wrongfully withheld tickets from sale to the public in violation of New Jersey law forcing consumers into the secondary market (i.e. StubHub, eBay, Vivid Seats, etc.) to purchase tickets at exorbitant prices.
If you purchased tickets to a Bon Jovi concert in New Jersey on the secondary market, you may be entitled to compensation.
Bon Jovi concerts were held on:
  • February 23, 2009 at Starland Ballroom
  • May 26, 27, 29, 2010 at MetLife Stadium
  • July 9, 2010 at MetLife Stadium
  • July 25, 2013 at MetLife Stadium
  • July 27, 2013 at MetLife Stadium
  • July 20, 2014 at the Count Basie Theater in Red Bank
To ask a question about the class action lawsuits or if you have purchased tickets and want to participate, please fill out the form on the right or contact Greg Kohn at gkohn@nagelrice.com or 973-618-0400.

For more info click here

Old 04-20-2016, 01:37 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagelrice View Post
HAVE YOU PURCHASED TICKETS TO A BON JOVI CONCERT IN NEW JERSEY FOR MORE THAN FACE VALUE?
Nagel Rice has filed suit against Live Nation and AEG Live, the two largest concert promoters in the United States. Nagel Rice alleges that the concert promoters wrongfully withheld tickets from sale to the public in violation of New Jersey law forcing consumers into the secondary market (i.e. StubHub, eBay, Vivid Seats, etc.) to purchase tickets at exorbitant prices.
If you purchased tickets to a Bon Jovi concert in New Jersey on the secondary market, you may be entitled to compensation.
Bon Jovi concerts were held on:
  • February 23, 2009 at Starland Ballroom
  • May 26, 27, 29, 2010 at MetLife Stadium
  • July 9, 2010 at MetLife Stadium
  • July 25, 2013 at MetLife Stadium
  • July 27, 2013 at MetLife Stadium
  • July 20, 2014 at the Count Basie Theater in Red Bank
To ask a question about the class action lawsuits or if you have purchased tickets and want to participate, please fill out the form on the right or contact Greg Kohn at gkohn@nagelrice.com or 973-618-0400.

For more info click here
This sort of activity from promoters doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
On Monday night, WWE's Monday Night RAW show was held at the O2 Arena in London. It was a sell out, and has been for months. On Saturday there were only a handful of tickets available on StubHub. On Monday evening there were 1300 tickets available, and people attending were given free upgrades.
To me this suggests that the promoters deliberately held tickets back, believing that demand would be high enough for them to make an extra £ or two via StubHub. They were wrong....

Milton Keynes Bowl 1996
The Forum 1997 (Jon)
Shepherd's Bush Empire 1998 (Richie)
Wembley Stadium 2000 (Sat)
Wembley Stadium 2000 (Sun)
Milton Keynes Bowl 2001
CD:UK 2002
Shepherd's Bush Empire 2002
Wembley Arena 2002 (Capital Request)
Wolverhampton 2003
Milton Keynes Bowl 2006
O2 Arena 2007
Twickenham 2008
O2 Arena 2010 (19th June)
O2 Arena 2010 (25th June - 40 mins of it anyway!)
Villa Park 2013
Hyde Park 2013
Old 04-20-2016, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator
It's my post

Standard practice these days it seems sadly. Ticketmaster owing getmein just stinks. There is no way there isn't an allocation between the two.

The WWE example is pertinent to me, as I used to go to Raw and Smackdown at The O2 for a good few years, ringside for a couple of years too. It's got gradually harder and harder to purchase decent tickets at face value to the point where we now haven't been for the last 2/3 years. The floor seats are sold out from the get go on pre-sale and general sale. It's not the luck of the draw like it used to be.

On topic, I'd be surprised if the Starland & Count Basie shows would form any part of this due to them being small shows. I'd be intrigued if anything ever happened regarding secondary tickets. No one either here or in the US appears to have the balls or the desire to do anything about it, probably due to vested interests no doubt. If there was a max re-sale value, or even capped at simply cost + fees, then it should rid us of the scourge of touts buying tickets up to sell at a markup. The only thing is now you have massive firms like Getmein and stubhub doing that on a large scale, and their owners like TM would resist any attempt to stop.

It's a shame that Ebay went the same way, as that was great for the Bon Jovi O2 shows, got some bargains there due to too many concerts with tickets priced way too high. But the secondary sites now encourage re-selling at the highest price possible rather than starting low and letting the market decided like Ebay auctions did.

Whatever happens the fans lose out.
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*
Old 04-20-2016, 05:19 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce7800 View Post
I'd be surprised if the Starland & Count Basie shows would form any part of this due to them being small shows. I'd be intrigued if anything ever happened regarding secondary tickets. No one either here or in the US appears to have the balls or the desire to do anything about it, probably due to vested interests no doubt.
Starland & Count Basie are now partners with AEG -- in a lawsuit like this, you go after everyone who's even remotely connected. In the Great White club fire in Rhode Island that killed 100 people, even the beer distributor was named in a lawsuit.

And Nagel Rice have a vested interest, too -- they're going to get at least a third of any payout while the ticketholders divide the rest and get $5US if they're lucky.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 05-03-2016 at 07:51 PM..
Old 04-20-2016, 09:48 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

I was at every single one of those concerts

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:22 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

yeah - i wish pearl jam had gotten some more support - little guys suffer again....
Old 04-21-2016, 03:03 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

This firm has already lost two cases with similar lawsuits. One was against Live Nation regarding Springsteen tickets and the other was against AEG regarding Bon Jovi and Justin Beiber tickets. We know the promoter withholds tickets from general onsales, but unfortunately it seems to be difficult to prove.

Springsteen
http://www.law360.com/cases/53503cf7...00006/articles

Bon Jovi/Beiber
http://www.law360.com/cases/5310aada1ebcb512aa00ad4d
Old 04-22-2016, 01:06 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Yes. Do I remember whom I bought the tickets from and how much I paid? No.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:58 AM
Something for the Posts

UPDATE: Refund information (U.S. Ticketmaster customers only)
http://www.drycounty.com/jovitalk/bo...ml#post1201838

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...