View Single Post

Old 01-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Just posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie79 View Post
how many Jovi ballads can you find that aren't cheesy anyway? some are more, some are less, i actually think the cheese is what makes most ballads ballads in the first place. not all songs have to be focused on social criticism, faith, etc to be good songs, love is a very important part of people's lives, that's why it's a recurrent theme. and sometimes simple lyrics and a simple melody go a long way, they reach people because most feel identified with these lyrics one way or the other. now are the lyrics to this song a masterpiece? no. this song actually gets into my nerves and it stars with the title. the title alone makes go uurrgghhhh. but i don't think it's any more cheesy than your average Jovi ballad, post or pre 2000.
for me it is more cheesy more cliches Rosie but you are right though I'll be there for you is cheesy too .. the melody and the final result makes the difference ... the lyrics of the ballads have often been cliche material yes but the result is just cheap with TYFLM