View Single Post

Old 04-05-2024, 05:37 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi_cro View Post
In my eyes, Jon would go that direction anyhow after IML success, but then 9/11 happened and it just forced it too much
Not really. The band wrote plenty of 9/11 related material but didn't want to release a 9/11 inspired album. Or at least, that's what their original statement was.

Originally, Another Reason To Believe, Breathe and No Regrets were all supposed to end up on Bounce. Jon then turned to Andreas Carlsson instead to write different material and All About Lovin' You was a song Carlsson originally had in mind for LeAnn Rhimes but she (or her team) had rejected it. It sounds a lot more like her ballads though, it's a pretty good pop ballad.

I'm pretty confident the record company had a little say in the final tracklist as a 9/11 record would've been pretty easy to sell in the USA while the rest of the world felt a lot more indifferent toward the patriotic stuff. It'd also explain how All About Lovin' You was played twice in the end, making the rumor of them not having much to do with it only stronger.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan