View Single Post

Old 05-14-2014, 08:21 PM
The Distance

- The fact that they were looking for photos hopefully means something. It's not some basic release if they are looking to add artwork.

- Based on the rumors, it sounds like a Deluxe NJ could be on the way. I have hope that this set will include the demos. Unlike Slippery, there are enough songs to fill a second album and based on our demands to Obie in the past, this very well could be the direction they go in.

- I can't see there being multiple releases of this set. This isn't a new album. It's just a deluxe edition that most will download illegally anyeway so there will be 1 edition for us real die-hards and that's it. There won't be one with a DVD and one without....Just my feeling.

- With that said, I think the two projects are 2 unrelated projects of unreleased material. Live and / or Demo.

- I actually think there will be a small box-set released after, that could contain live material or more unreleased tracks or maybe even both for the 30 year mark.

- I'd like to believe that the project Obie is working on is a box-set for 30 years and being that NJ hit the 25 year mark, they decided to split it out and include the NJ demos separate (or maybe they'll even reappear on the second box set as well).

- Hopefully one will be released in July and the other will be release around Christmas.

OKay, all of the above is the perfect storm but you never know.

(One of the pros of Richie leaving the BWC tour is the lack of live material. There is no way they would include live material with Phil on guitar for a 30 year box set)