View Single Post

Old 02-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Crush

Send a message via MSN to Jim Bon Jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
According to the artist's career it is almost the same (you can never really compare anything if we speak about it). I know some songs from The Wall and I enjoy some of them and I respect Pink Floyd as a unique artist. But I see this as a commercial step to gain more money on his past, moreover on a past of a band he has left. Yeah, he wrote The Wall but it was the band who recorded it and I think it would have been different if it wasn't Gilmour playing the guitar (at least him). Many artists play many songs from their best/commercially successful albums but they don't need to name the tour after them 30 years later.
And yes I know that The Wall is not a classic album that it is a different thing. But still..

I'm not alone great!
Overrated - that's the reason I can't listen to many "classic" bands which are considered as true rock bands. U2, Deep Purple, Led Zepellin, Pink Floyd, ACDC Black Sabbath. I don't say they don't have good songs but I think they are sooooo overrated and because of them other good music is omitted.

The Wall being done live could be considered as a performance art piece and deals with concepts, themes and material that Jon couldn't come up with if his life depended on it.

FWIW Jovi, U2, RHCP, McCartney and pretty much any other huge stadium filling band rely on their back catalogue with the exception of a few tunes to try and punt the latest album and whereas the bands come up with stupid gimmicks like the circle stage (aka U2's 360), Waters is out there pushing the boundaries and making his audience think and reflect on what they're seeing and hearing.

I don't like Waters in the slightest as a person but considering Jovi's music, with the exception of KTF and TD, has the depth of a paddling pool, it's a bit ridiculous to have people hammering Waters for wanting to re-tour one of the biggest selling, most influential and technically spectaular pieces of popular music out there.