View Single Post

Old 01-03-2017, 05:21 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzsta View Post
I would say that Crush is the middle point - can't be placed neither with TD nor with post-Bounce era. (Bounce itself is a special case - rather disjoint from the rest).

Crush although with very blatant poppish intentions, still retains an organic sound. I am sure they made bad choices about which songs to build upon and put in the album. And they tried to sound as happy/shiny as possible. But there was still a great "band" sound then, like they were really playin music - I mean a sense of spontaneity in their playing, and each song sounding differently. Also with the b sides and demos from that era, you can see they had many interesting ideas.

After Bounce, everything seemed much more calculated. Even if there were some good songs. The liveliness was gone. Maybe LH has some songs with a bit more - - spirit - I mean in the way they are performed-produced. I dont know.
Agreed with that. Bounce was the last, documented at least, record that the whole band was there for whole process up until This House...as well. I'm not sure how This left...was recorded.