View Single Post

Old 09-10-2015, 09:33 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli View Post
I saw someone on youtube saying that the Sons Of Beaches demos we got on the NJ Deluxe release are different takes from the old ones that were stolen from the studio and shared as bootlegs. Is there any truth to this (except Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore)? On both versions of Judgement Day Jon says the same words during the guitar solo ''Oh yeah...incomprehensible...and now'', on Now And Forever right after the guitar solo, on both YT and Deluxe versions he pronounces "kings'' the same way, he doesn't pronounce the letter K so clearly like he does the other times he sings the chorus. On Wild is The Wind he pronounces ''wind'' the same way like he does on the deluxe edition, he sings Stick To Your Guns the same etc.

I find it hard to believe that on every single session the way he sang was identical to the previous recording.

Fill me in guys.
One thing about Jon and Bon Jovi from back in the day, they were very consistent. There were even live versions of songs that I thought were the same which ended up being different.

I obtained these demos from a music convention back around '93 / '94ish and have been listening to them ever since. I could tell you from my ear, that they are exactly the same takes. Beside the few obvious like you stated, the bulk are the same takes.