View Single Post

Old 01-31-2024, 09:04 AM
Price of posting

So my dad dropped back my Cd of this after nearly 2 years of borrowing it. I thought ive not heard this album in that time (I think) so I thought Id stick it on.
Done the ususal and programmed the songs in which was the correct order before they tagged on the newly written ones and drop the 2 which become the bonus tracks. So heres my thoughts....

Beautiful Drug - Good opener and a nice little solo.

Unbroken - Dont know what it is about this song but i reallly like it - my only issue is that it shouldnt have been track 2 as it kills the energetic start.

Limitless - Pure muck. To me sounds like AI its so generic and that awful bridge still sounds terrible. Jon sounds really poor here. Worst lead single. Worst single full stop unless you're called Do what you can...

Luv Can - Reall good song this, no idea why they decided to drop this from the original and kept others. Great ending with Jon sounding good,

Brothers in Arms - Back to as close to classic Jovi as they are nowadays. Good song.

Lower the flag - I dont mind this - not a fan of the "if theres something we can talk about it" part but other than that its good. Again though, it follows a rockier song so theres no momentum on this album.

Let it Rain - back to a rockier song and Jon sounds good here with some raspy vocals at the end.

Shine - Its not bad a bit nothingy and again kills the flow,

Blood in the Water - This is the best song they have done in over 20 years. Yes it sounds like Dry County but I think its meant to but I do have one gripe...Wheres the solo and wheres the playout solo? This song couldve been epic and although its their best song for decades it still somehow disappoints a bit due to the lack of solos. Reminds me that Devil in the Temple on THINFS falls short in this way as well.

American Reckoning - Song does nothing for me im affraid, I get Jon wanted to write about it but the song just passes me by.

If you are wondering where Do What you Can is - Well i refuse to listen to this one as its just...rubbish.
Theres a reason Jon struggled to get this on the radio. Awful.

So after 4 years I think i finally like most of this album but I dont like the flow of it as it seems to be 1 fast and 1 slow. There are parts of songs i dont like but i can ignore that.

Sent from my SM-X700 using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo

Last edited by steel_horse75; 01-31-2024 at 01:19 PM..