View Single Post

Old 12-04-2016, 11:09 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Shame it wasn't a single. Sounds ready for a Top40 radio. They haven't even released a video, it could give the song some exposure since the single thing seems a little bit dead.

On the song. I just love it. To me it's better than LTOR, which is good in its context, an ok but bland album, but some of the lyrics are on the wrong side of cheese. Like Roaller Coaster, it's better live.

BJ have always made really really good pop-rock tunes and they get slated for that, but like I said in my review of the album and this song in particular, making a good pop song, a catchy, memorable song, it's much more difficult than it seems. And the only positive thing I can say about BJ post 2000 is that their catchy songs are really good, both musically and lyrically: Say It Isn't So, Misunderstood, The Last Cigarette (shh shut up), LTOR and now Roller Coaster.

I think that their knack for making excellent feel-good songs is that they are an 80s band (don't tell Jon I said that). I miss the 80s, the fun and optimism. One thing you can't deny is that Jon has always been pretty consistent about who they are and what type of songs they write. The musical style is more debatable, though

These days what's left of me ain't no Prince Charming

We know Jon, we know