View Single Post

Old 08-22-2015, 09:26 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossjack View Post
And finally, the ultimate reason to dislike something seems to be "production". Sometimes I wonder if half of the people talking about this "awful Shanks production" even know anything about producing an album...
I guess by saying this you do know something about producing? Then tell me why they continue with the loudness, the constant use of effects and stuff, just to covers Jon horrible singing? Wether you like this album or not, it's too fake on many layers. It's not real enough, not pure enough and I know that this has been the case for the albums of late so I need the songs to compensate for it. The last album for me that had quite some good songs, and again a poor production, was The Circle.

Why I am still concerned with Bon Jovi? Because I know how I liked them in the past, because I was there in Milan last tour when Jon sang like a youngster during the 70 minute encore and blew everyone away.
I liked Crush, I did not like Bounce, I liked HAND, I did not like Lost Highway and I liked The Circle a lot. So it's up and down for me with every album. With WaN being the album it is I hoped this would be something good and to me it isn't.

I am a massive Springsteen-fan but that doesn't make me like every album he made. It's been up and down with Springsteen for me as well for the last years. I really liked Magic, didn't like Working On A Dream, liked Wrecking Ball, didn't like High Hopes that much etc..

If you come to this board and don't like your favorite band being critisized do not come here. It's a public board to ventilate opinions and mine just isn't that positive about this album.

I salute you,
TS

Last edited by Thunderstrucker; 08-22-2015 at 09:28 AM..