View Single Post

Old 08-26-2015, 06:17 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAIN View Post
I agree with you 99%....the only exception is that, I truly believe that some people literally can "NOT" hear certain aspects of "sound/production" etc... As long as they like how the song was written, no amount of bad production will make them hate it.
I agree, some people doesn't hear it, might be because they genuinely can't hear it or because they just don't care, but doesn't mean that the issue doesn't exist... that was my point.

If a song is good, is good, whether it has a good mixing/production or not but, if a song is good... might be great with the right mixing/production. To me it's kinda disappointing to hear In These Arms and then Pictures of You, or It's Just Me and A Teardrop To The Sea and think about what could've been.

But this is not an issue of Bon Jovi, is an issue of all modern music. People just hear their music on shitty earbuds, in a compressed mp3 @ 192 they got from a website that got converted from who know where, and they're happy that way. I also hear music in low quality (Spotify OGG @ 160 kbps) on my phone, but when I'm on my house I just want to turn off the lights and enjoy other aspects of music that, on modern records, are sadly lost.

I truly believe that most records these days should come in two versions, a loud mp3/radio version and a better mixed edition for vinyl and lossless digital downloads. That would solve the issue, but I'd mean higher costs and nobody would do it.

(+ Santiago 09/24/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/26/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/16/2017)
These Days!