Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Bon Jovi "Fan Album": Burning Bridges- Out 21 Aug

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 08-26-2015, 11:59 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by newikov View Post
Even on Saturday Night, which was co-writen by Richie, they replaced his guitar parts with Shanks' and no Richie backing vocals anywhere. The only credit on this whole album is for co-writing this one song and that's it. Fascinating. Really makes you wonder how much of a "outtake" album it really is; apparently a lot less than we expected.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:05 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
Even on Saturday Night, which was co-writen by Richie, they replaced his guitar parts with Shanks' and no Richie backing vocals anywhere. The only credit on this whole album is for co-writing this one song and that's it. Fascinating. Really makes you wonder how much of a "outtake" album it really is; apparently a lot less than we expected.
Outtake is when they finish a song and don't release it on the album. All of these songs were recorded for this album (Burning Bridges), they're not outtakes, they're not demos, might have been written a long time ago, or even demoed a long time ago, but the recordings are new.

All of this according to Shanks, of course. And I believe him.

(+ Santiago 09/24/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/26/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/16/2017)
These Days!

Old 08-27-2015, 12:08 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezearis View Post
Outtake is when they finish a song and don't release it on the album. All of these songs were recorded for this album (Burning Bridges), they're not outtakes, they're not demos, might have been written a long time ago, or even demoed a long time ago, but the recordings are new.

All of this according to Shanks, of course. And I believe him.
I know what an outtake means, and I believe that is what Jon said in that solo show. Mostly old outtakes + a couple of new songs, which we all assumed to be We Don't Run and Burning Bridges. And when Shanks tweeted "all new" I thought he meant that all songs were newly-released. So I guess he meant newly-recorded. If that's the case, a very odd way to brand it a "fan album" when in reality it's just as much of a new studio album as WAN, minus half of Saturday Night.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:39 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via Yahoo to sweetmisery

Guys, Im from the Philippines, and the album isnt here yet. Just like his box set never came here, I guess cuz its not a big release.

That said, I love buying physical CDs, but is it worth importing from Amazon? Is it really that plain- just CD and cover? Cuz if so, Ill just buy thru iTunes.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:44 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmisery View Post
Guys, Im from the Philippines, and the album isnt here yet. Just like his box set never came here, I guess cuz its not a big release.

That said, I love buying physical CDs, but is it worth importing from Amazon? Is it really that plain- just CD and cover? Cuz if so, Ill just buy thru iTunes.
The packaging is not worth paying extra for shipping for. Just download the songs. I think the Japanese packaging is nicer, but the US packaging is literally just a piece of paper with the band name and title on the front and the song list on the back in a jewel case (from Wal-Mart). I think the amazon case is cardboard.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:46 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via Yahoo to sweetmisery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
The packaging is not worth paying extra for shipping for. Just download the songs. I think the Japanese packaging is nicer, but the US packaging is literally just a piece of paper with the band name and title on the front and the song list on the back in a jewel case (from Wal-Mart). I think the amazon case is cardboard.
Many thanks. Saves me $8 on shipping!
Old 08-27-2015, 02:43 AM
Livin' on a Post

Default US iTunes album charts update

Burning Bridges was on a steady decline after cracking the top 10.
Dropped to 29th(possibly over 30) as of last night.
Back up to 18, as of this evening. With the media blitz regarding JBJ and his former record company be causing a resurgence or are casual fans starting to take notice that this is a solid release? Too early to tell yet intriguing nonetheless.

Last edited by Kukoc7; 08-27-2015 at 02:47 AM..
Old 08-27-2015, 03:30 AM
Livin' on a Post

Update..... Now at #16.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:29 AM
Next 100 Posts

.... and the biggest German newspaper Bild knows from 'a close source' that he's going White House anyways (as a supporter of Hillary Clinton). Believe it or not.

http://m.bild.de/unterhaltung/leute/...ildMobile.html
Old 08-27-2015, 02:41 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
Very good...but I think you are reading too much into it. No doubt the label thing has influenced Jon but not to that extent.
agree......
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo