View Single Post

Old 12-31-2023, 11:15 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via MSN to Gabriel Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
It's low budget...but it's also a Christmas video and not the first single. However their prior Christmas songs have been quality so I can't accept it as an excuse but I can be forgiving.

I felt like it was filmed with an IPhone and a bunch of local non-actors. The hair and makeup looked terrible. Jon looked even older than he usually does, everyone else in the video looked like they came out of a tanning salon in the middle of December.

You can totally tell there were 3 cuts... Jon, The Band, and The Actors. None of it looks like it was actually filmed together.

So I guess The Story Of Love is the new "Jon Benchmark" for critique... Jon's melancholy story telling vibe is the new thing. Maybe it's always been there. We Ain't Strangers Anymore just popped into my head.

I'll jump on the bandwagon and agree that Tico is the coolest part of the video

Overall - Great to see a song out and the band together again after 40 years.

Off Topic: Rollover Coaster defaulted to the next auto-play video and Jon looks like he's 25 years old in comparison.
That melancholy... nothing beats These Arms Are Open All Night. The record that Jon was supposed to release after Destination Anywhere, and it even had a preview party from the fan club, would all follow that.

If I remember correctly, the only two songs with a more positive beat was "Older" (pre Just Older) and Life's Too Short For Days Like These.

Well done, little buddy.