View Single Post

Old 05-27-2015, 02:58 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
Starts of sounding like Beautiful World on WAN - its as if this sounds like an early draft of BW.
Yeah, It sounds like a mash up of about five different tracks starting from HAND forward. It's even got the 1 - 2 punch that Have A Nice Day has at the end. Shanks also adds in the quick 1 - 2 - 3 punch throughout each chorus. Typical Shanks style production.

The only blame I put on Jon is the fact that he continues to use him...He's not a horrible produce and in some ways he's quite brilliant but all his songs sound the same (and a little overdone).

Unfortunately, I think this is the best we'll get from Jon. It was painful watching him sing at that Bahama show. There is no way Jon could enjoy that. He's constantly straining, his face is beat red. I don't know how he is going to get through another tour without Richie's backing vocals.

I will agree what someone else posted about Jon giving us doctored studio vocals for a decent album even he he can't pull off half the songs live. I'd rather some decent songs with fake vocals then an album of songs Jon could sing live. The last thing I want is an album full of songs like "Reunion"...An album outlasts YouTube videos from a tour.