View Single Post

Old 03-21-2024, 11:31 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
difference is Bob Rock is not a Yes Man. He will challenge Jon's choices and push him. If you seen any of the Metallica footage with Bob, they were the biggest metal band in the world and Bob would challenge them all the time. That, in my opinion if a good producers job. Your job is pointless if you just agree with your boss all the time, which is in my opinion exactly what Shanks does. I guess that's what Jon needs/wants right now. Fair enough, but it leads to the same old stuff time and time again. If Jon's voice wasn't an issue, I can't help but think that he would have moved on from Shanks a long time ago. At this point it's just comfortable for Jon.
Is Bob Rock still like that, though? There's a lot to be said for everyone acting like if it had Bob, the songs would be better and I still think it's far more nuanced than that. I don't want to keep dunking on RSO but to say he'll butt heads and challenge quality and we wound up with a...sigh...Reggae mix of Good Times.

Bob Rock when he was top of his game, competely agree.