View Single Post

Old 03-22-2024, 01:12 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
As I said, that relationship with Metallica was built when they were not the biggest metal band in the world. It was the dynamic between him and them that came from where both parties were at that time. How much evidence is there that he pushed Bon Jovi in the same way during the KTF production? Genuine question.
But basically that's a producers job. If the producer is not doing this, then he isn't a very good producer...
Watch some of the footage of Bob Ezrin in the studio with Deep Purple or Alice Cooper. Now THAT'S a producer!

Quote:
Equally, how much evidence is there that Shanks does not make suggestions, challenge decisions, tell them when something isn't good enough?
Fair point, but Shanks just doesn't seem like kind of guy to me. He's got a kushy job here, he's not gonna rock that boat. Of course I could be completely wrong.

Its a discussion though, I'm not stating anything as fact, it's all just my opinion at the end of the day. If we suddently have to provide evidence for everything we say there won't be many conversations happening here...

Quote:
And even though Rock started off pushing Metallica, he increasingly became a yes man and like how we presume Shanks is with Jon now. Some Kind Of Monster Bob Rock is not the same as Metallica Bob Rock.
I respectfully disagree. There were several scenes in Some Kind Of Monster where he was questioning their decisions and pushing them. Maybe not as much as the beginning but he was still challenging them and making them think outside of the box. They just generally didn't want to listen at that point. Not much Bob can do about that.

Quote:
Bob has said himself that part of the reason they stopped working together is because he became ineffective and too close to the band to make suggestions.
Of course he said that. But in my opinion the reason they stopped working together was because Metallica saw the bad feedback for St Anger and decided to put all of the blame on that on Bob.