View Single Post

Old 03-22-2024, 05:23 PM
Jovi Addict

I must emphasize here, tracking live and recording is 2 days job if you want. But crafting songs together, after normally someone brings a rough acoustic demo, is a band's main principle of doing creative music together. Jovi was like that at least until after KTF. Since Crush, and especially since Lost Highway it's more of a Jon (and Richie) doing everything with Tico expected to to the usual simple beat. But after Shanks got power and band grew old, I am convinced that on majority of songs samples are used to mimic Tico (and the rest of the band), and then band comes to "mimic" those samples when recording. And even then, some of programmed stuff gets to the record, which is not a per se problem for me. Problem is this lack of any fluidity you get this way. Same old boring drum track, same old pattern of Jon's chords perfectly alligned to the tempo on point, means the same old washed pattern. This is especially evident in singles, why though beats me as they are boring and never succesful. In fact, Lost Highway, Born to Follow, What about now, This house, now Legendary, are completely the same in this sense. You can replace the band in the background with AI elevator music following basic chords and structure and noone would notice. Is it Jon's fault? Absolutely. Why is it Jon's fault? Because he lets Shanks do it like that