View Single Post

Old 04-30-2024, 12:53 AM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litneg View Post
This song rent an apartment in my head today, just couldn't stop listening hahahaha

Great sounding, the talk box seems to fit and I liked the effect on Jon's voice in the end. Should have been released already!

Also, I'm surprised how well is this song being recieved by the community!

"I'm tired of talking about somehow
We can burn this world until you breakdown
These tattered jeans got nothing left to prove now, me and you
We are living proof"

The song seems very exciting, it aready seemed in that Forever snippet month ago with like 3 seconds of time. It's really wild how Jon (and record company probably) pick singles these days. I mean, Legendary is non-offensive as it gets and has that positive sing-along hook, but it's rather bland and elevator music. It's like releasing Welcome to wherever you are instead of HAND

If it was true that Jon doesn't care for radio hits anymore and bringing new audiences, then he wouldn't put Born to Follow, BWC, Limitless and Legendary as 1st singles. Paradoxically, I think different approach (getting best song and/or fan favourite as 1st single) would garner more positive trending from legacy fans of both band and rock music in general. But it may be that record company still makes these calls. It seems as another dissapointing decision, regardless of Legendary's apparent charting solid on some manufactured, backwater charts.

This song on the other hand immediately means something to fanbase, and also is not overly hard'n'heavy or whatever, that it wouldn't get a little bit of radio airplay. Same pattern happened with Any Other Day and Brokenpromiseland on top of my head