View Single Post

Old 04-30-2024, 01:00 AM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Yeah I don't think those songs are being chosen because they sound like radio hits but because they sound like the band. None of them break any new ground. Feel good, rah rah, you can do it crowd sing-a-longs.
Yeah, true, but that's the point perhaps. It seems really forced and safe at the same time, which is weird. I mean, take HAND example. It's really good 1st single, I remember when I was a teenager older AC/DC fans were commenting in public how that pop sellout Jovi finally has mean riff and good rock song out. I mean, it was overproduced and engineered, but good, appropriate.

They kind of went this way again with This House, but with much weaker material. Everything else feels really generic. Perhaps BWC does have some staying pop power, though I hated it when it came out.

I don't need the most aggresive hard'n'heavy song out as single. I loved Make a Memory as its' different and brave choice. Just a bit different one, little braver that falls in that 3-4.5 minute mark

Perhaps it makes more sense in North America than Europe, though. Here legacy rock market is still very strong in numerous countries